Monday, June 7, 2010

Fitness & Sports stuff.

Tasmanian cyclist Matthew Goss has continued his Stage winning Giro d italia form by winning the prestigious Philidelphia International Cycling Championship.
Goss won the 251km one day classic in a sprint finish from Liquigas rider Peter Sagan.
Goss said of his win...
"I can't compare it to all the others but it was the hardest one I have done, even when in 2007 we went about half an hour quicker," said Goss. "The wind made the race really hard, especially along the bottom road [Kelly Drive - ed.]"

"I felt strong, I was still there but I didn't feel incredible. I couldn't follow Sagan when he went on the last climb [of the Manayunk Wall]. I had to take a risk and gamble, stay in the bunch and hope that it would come back together."
The last month has been especially good for Goss as the Australian won the Giro d'Italia's 9th stage on May 17. "I still think the Giro was my biggest race win. I don't want to take anything away from this race, I love this race and I wanted to win it so I was happy to be able to do that today." (Cyclingnews.com)
........................
In triathlon, Launceston Triathlete Joe Gambles has failed to finish the Revolution half ironman distance triathlon in the U.S.
Gambles was in a great position having moved into second place early on the run but was forced to abandon around the 5km mark with an achilles tendon problem.
Best of luck in your recovery Joe. This blog hopes to have an exclusive interview with Joe in the near future
........................
The Gravelly Beach Veteran (your truly) is beginning to get back to some semi-decent training volumes.
After a 50km ride on saturday, I swam comfortably for 2.8km on Sunday and today I walk/ran 7.5km with 21 minutes of running. Achilles& ankle still not 100% but I am on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment