Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Porte crashes in Tour of Romandie prologue and Pilko flogged by lunch crew

This is what Launceston's Ritchie Porte said on twitter of the Tour of Romandie prologue.......
..........porteye "First corner in Romandie prologue and I promptly crashed into the barriers! Very amatuer but no damage done... Shunter" about 16 hours ago via web
This crash has left Porte 49 seconds adrift of stage winner Marco Pinotti and 3rd last after the short 4.3k time trial around the small town of porrentruy in Switzerland. A crash may have cost Porte anything from 20-30 seconds which would have seen Porte in the top 100.
..............
 Now to the elite athletes.
I found backing up from my 62k ride a little more tiring than expected. Copped a bit of a flogging from the lunch crew today, some of whom are swimming very nicely at present. I will be back on the pace soon, but for now I'm doing it hard. 2.8km today. Gulliver's shoulder is buggered at present and I am missing his company during the big sets.


No comments:

Post a Comment